A qualified Trainer & Assessor, Sharon has a been employed with Midway since 2009 having migrated from the UK. She has a background of working within a broad range of human services spanning over 25 years and includes not-for-profit, private and the public sector.
Sharon has been fortunate to work in a variety of roles during her career at Midway which includes Operational, Culture and Development and more recently in Quality and Safeguarding. Sharon enjoys the variety and wealth of experience that these opportunities have provided and is passionate to assist people to develop professionally within their careers via Gecko Training Solutions.
Sharon facilitates the following workshops;
• Management of Actual or Potential Aggression (MAPA)- MAPA delivers learning outcomes that assist staff to manage challenging and aggressive behaviour with safe and effective interventions.
• Planning for a Good Life- This workshop focusses on understanding and valuing people.
• CHCCCS023 – Support independence & wellbeing
• CHCCCS015 – Provide individualised support
• HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
Qualifications and Accreditations Include:
• Certificate IV Training & Assessment
• Certificate IV Disability
• NVQ3 and NVQ4 in Health and Social Care
Outside of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) arena, Sharon enjoys all things outdoors such as cycling, camping, boating and hiking. She also loves to spend time with her family, children and three dogs.